We went to Maryland after church to celebrate Easter with our make-believe family, the Steins and the Howes. They've adopted us. We get to be part of the fam on holidays.
I can't accurately describe the feeling of being included in a family celebration for holidays out here, but it's kind of like winning the lottery. Only better.

Emma is so cute. And so 2. We love seeing her!

Sarah and Dave bought a hill in Maryland just recently. From there you can see other people's hills and hear a donkey braying.
I kind of wanted to move there.

It was awesome playing in the wide-open lawn!
Dave shared that it took 3.5 hours to mow that lawn.
Hmmm.
Maybe they should get some goats.


Elin loved rolling around on the lawn.

We brought the big red ball.

Anna and Emma share the joy of scented shampoo. Never leave home without it.


Andrew came prepared with a bunny.
Don't leave home without a bunny, either.

Taking in the view.

Jen had lots of love for baby Elin!

And Emma! :)


Svea loves her silly daddy.

It wouldn't be a real get-together without Kubb.
If you're Swedish you might know about it.
It's what all the cool Swedish people play.






Viggo was
really getting into Kubb.

Elin is keepin' it real in the kitchen.

Viggo loves his chair (Dave's drum seat).

Anna tickles Svea. We love you, Anna!

Cheesy potatoes. I hear Seth is making those next year. Right, Seth?

Dave and Jen take in the cuteness. Elin got slap-happy during the egg hunt after dinner. I think all the sleep deprivation was really starting to get to her! She was having a great time though!

Svea leads the way for finding her "Easta eggs".

Found one!

She had to come tell me right away.

Sweet girl.

Viggo is SUCH a goof.

Easter together is so wonderful.

I love this falling-apart barn you can see from Dave and Sarah's property.

Running up and down this yard was a serious energy-buster.

I think there's room for us to move here. I told Sarah we'd be happy to put up a pup tent.

So I took this photo of one of Viggo's hidden eggs and then showed it to him. He gave me the craziest look - I was being so helpful and showing him where it was hidden!
I'm such a nice mom.

Then I pointed him in the right direction and he booked it there.

One of each of the kid's eggs was empty. Jen used it as a lesson to teach about the empty tomb. The whole empty-tomb thing sort of mystified Svea. I tried to teach her the Easter greeting, "He is risen!" and the reply, "He is risen indeed!" Trying to explain resurrection to a two-year-old . . . we kept it brief: "Jesus is alive!" THAT she got!

I love these ladies!

Then we had to go. It was dark. The girls got into their jammies. We bundled everybody into the car.

Then we stood around and talked for another ten minutes or so while all the kids were waiting in the minivans.
A Minnesota goodbye!
love the pictures! you are the best!!!! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteShorts? Green grass? What a site! We still have brown, dirty, matted down grass. I can't wait for everything to get green!
ReplyDeleteWow, I've been on the internet too long. I meant "sight." *sigh* It has been a long day!
ReplyDelete